Capacity-building projects are international cooperation projects based on multilateral partnerships between organisations active in the field of sport in Programme and Third countries not associated to the Programme.
Aims of the action
Capacity-building projects aim to
- raise the capacity of grassroots sport organisations
- encourage the practice of sport and physical activity in Third countries not associated to the Programme
- promote social inclusion through sport
- promote positive values through sport (such as fair play, tolerance, team spirit)
- foster cooperation across different regions of the world through joint initiatives
Thematic areas / specific objectives
Proposals should focus on certain thematic areas defined at programming stage. Examples of particularly relevant areas are:
- promotion of common values, non-discrimination and gender equality through sport
- development of skills (though sport) needed to improve the social involvement of disadvantaged groups (e.g. independence, leadership etc.)
- integration of migrants
- post-conflict reconciliation
Who can apply
Any public or private organisation, with its affiliated entity (if any), active in the field of sport, established in an EU Member State or third country associated to the Programme or a third country from Region 1.
The organisation applies on behalf of all participating organisations involved in the project and must be legally established and located in an EU Member State, a third country associated to the Programme or a third country from Region 1.
How it works
Please see the respective page on the Programme Guide for
- rules for establishing partnerships
- submission deadlines
- funding rules and budget
- other important information on award criteria and eligibility