The 3 building blocks of the initiative
European Student Card
Transforms current student cards into a European Student Card so students can benefit from on- and off-campus services during their mobility.
A single app to help Erasmus students with all their practical administration - before, during and after their mobility programme.
Erasmus Without Paper
A digital solution connecting systems in use at higher education institutions so they can manage their Erasmus+ mobilities online.
Supporting higher education institutions with mobility management
Objectives of the ESCI
The European Student Card Initiative aims at achieving a
- greener Erasmus+ programme administration through paperless workflows – from application to transcript of records
- digital Erasmus+ programme through once-only principle and efficiency gains for mobility management
- more inclusive Erasmus+ programme through more ready-made and more targeted communication with students
- smoother mobility experience abroad for students and a sense of a European student identity
Benefits of the ESCI
The European Student Card Initiative makes students' mobility experiences easier and simplifies administrative procedures for higher education institutions.
Are you a student?
As a student, you will
- get simplified mobility administration and clear guidance throughout the administrative follow-up
- get automatic recognition of ECTS credits
- gain immediate access to services at the host university such as library, transport and accommodation
- find discounts on cultural activities throughout the European Union
Links for students
Are you working at a higher education institution?
Benefits for institutions
- easily manage the entire mobility process electronically, from student selection to the recognition of ECTS credits
- electronically identify students and exchange/verify student data between HEIs, including academic records, in a secure way
Links for institutions
ESCI and European education policy
Since 2017, the ESCI has supported priorities and activities set out in the European Education Area (EEA), Digital Education Action Plan, Erasmus+ Initiative and European Strategy for Universities.